Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 9, 2012

Being Mama

People ask me all the time how I feel about motherhood, and honestly, I haven't figured out how to make that answer short and sweet.

It's wonderful and exhausting, fun and scary, rewarding and draining. I love spending time with NuNu, talking to him, reading to him, making him smile  and hearing his little coos and noises. But sometimes there are fleeting moments where I miss being able to come and go. And I mean that literally! When we go out or run errands it takes at least a half hour to load up. Making sure NuNu is fed, that I remember to pack his baby bag properly, that he's changed, that a bottle is made just in case, that we warm up the car before we head out and that's just for the baby. Nine times outta ten I leave the house looking like a mess just cause I lack the energy to make up my face or do my hair. Usually I just pull it into a school marm bun and let the dark circles under my eyes go bare and see daylight.
But on the other hand I don't really care, I'm mommy now and my priorities have changed. I could care less about what I look like and would rather focus that energy on taking care of my little one.
But again, on the other hand I can always put a face on in the car, as long as I'm the passenger. Lol .

4 comments:

  1. grinZ... Passenger pretty Momma... I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those early days of motherhood are tiring..but they are SO precious!! I have five kids--went through that phase 5 times--(and each time I had a kid--that 1/2 getting ready time was longer with each new one). Anyway--it is so worth it--because as they get a little older--you don't have to take so much time--and you find a little more time for yourself here and there. However--they won't stay little for long--so even though your dark circles are bearing the sunlight-- SMILE--because you NuNu is little and it truly is a once in a lifetime thing!! ENJOY :) Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, some days I miss the days of dragging kids along wherever I go! Not many, but now and then. It's all over in a flash, so if ya can, relax and enjoy your baby NuNu...in no time at all you'll be talking about your grand NuNu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes get nostalgic for my little babies - but then I think of them in college, look around my clean house, take a nap and feel much better. It took a little while, but the empty nest is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete